Monday 28 January 2013

Golden Globes and SAG beauties

Marion Cotillard at the Screen Actors Guild Awards 2013Jennifer Lawrence at the Screen Actors Guild Awards 201Jessica Alba Golden Globe Awards 2012 Hair BeautyClaire Danes Golden Globe Awards 2012 Hair Beauty
Favourite award looks so far. Images from www.marieclaire.co.uk

Award season is one of my favourite times of the year. Being a drama student I like to make predictions who I think will win what award, do I agree with the choice of recipient, who will make an overly long speech and so on.

I also like to think about what I would wear if I ever were to attend one of the ceremonies. Unfortunately I have a tendency to be a little clumsy, so I would probably end up having a wardrobe malfunction Jennifer Lawrence style if someone stood on my dress too. Hopefully I would style it out well like she did.

The beauty and fashion lover inside loves this season too! We start to see hints of the catwalk Spring/Summer trends such as Jessica Alba's matte neon lips and a nod to the 1990s fresh skin as sported by Marion Cotillard and Claire Danes, as well as future red carpet hits such as the 1940s inspired waves as seen on Amanda Seyfried and Megan Fox.

Ever since multi-award winner, and I expect soon to be an Oscar winner, Anne Hathaway cut her hair for the role of Fantine in Les Mis, I am excited to see how she will style her hair. Not that there was anything wrong with her previously long locks, I was just never excited by it, she was always hair safe in my eyes. Now though my opinion is changing. She looks young and fresh, there is more life in her eyes and we can see more of her amazing bone structure. Quite frankly I'd give Anne the Oscar for being brave enough to have her hair cut off live on set in one take! If that's not dedication to the role, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment