Tuesday 2 April 2013

March Favourites


So it's been a while since I've posted on here. The last couple of months have been a little crazy with uni deadlines, lots going on in media filming and shoot wise, and FINALLY turning the big 2-1! So I thought I would rekindle my blogging love with my March beauty favourites.



Topshop Clueless Lip Crayon
 I know I’ve talked about this before but it was a new purchase then. I still think it is the perfect bright pink to brighten up these horrible dull days we’ve been having, and everytime I wear this, it gets so many compliments. Additional bonus, I’ve just gone from mid-blonde to dark brown and it still looks amazing!

Revlon nearly naked foundation in shell 130
I do love a new beauty launch and this foundation is great! It has a buildable medium coverage and I love that it doesn’t hide my freckles but masks dull patches. Seriously it’s great and I would highly recommend it, although perhaps try a sample first if you have quite oily skin as it leaves a slight dewy finish. The only downside to this is that the foundation doesn’t have a pump so you can sometimes pour a little too much out.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Romantic
Another Revlon product! I think Revlon have had such a great year in terms of new products. This is the second balmstain I’ve tried from the range and I can’t get enough of them. The sheerness of the balm is actually quite pigmented so the colour pay off is true to how the product looks, and the wear time is a few hours before needing to reapply.

Essie Nails Polishes in Tart Deco (peachy-orange) and Not Just a Pretty Face (nude)
So I’d quite like to know where the sunshine is. I guess we’ll be waiting a while so until then I have been loving on-trend bright colours on my nails to perk up my layers of winter clothes. Essie is slowly becoming one of my favourite nail brands and this peachy-orange colour brings life to fair skin, and I know it will look great with a tan come summer. Now get me on a plane to the Bahamas!

Neal’s Yard Rejuvenating Frankincense Firming Mask
I’d never tried anything from Neal’s Yard until I was given this mask as a gift and I’ve been so impressed with it. I love that it uses organic ingredients and doesn’t contain parabens or silicones so it doesn’t irritate the skin. It says you should wash it off, but I prefer to leave it on and let my skin fully absorb it. It also contains hyaluronic acid which helps skin retain optimum moisture levels and leave you with baby soft skin.

L’Oreal CC cream in Anti-Redness
There’s been some hype about CC creams in the industry for a couple of months now, so when L’Oreal released their CC creams in January I pretty much ran to Boots to try them. Honestly I wasn’t a fan of their Anti-Fatigue one, it was too orange for a cool-toned skin so it may look better on a warm-toned skin. However, the Anti-Redness version is really good. You don’t need a lot, I only use it on my cheeks and around my nose, but the difference a green toned cream makes on redness, is definitely worth the money, saving you from having to build up layers of foundation and concealer.

Benefit Hoola
As I quickly mentioned earlier, I have recently become brunette. After years of being more on the blonde side of ‘bronde’ I took the plunge and went dark. This has been a saviour in my make-up bag, warming up my complexion until the sun finally decides to make an appearance and preventing me from looking a little gothic while the colour still settles. I have loved this bronzer for years and if I had a beauty hall of fame, this would definitely be in it!

Garnier Summer Body
Sensing a theme this month? Hmm so it seems my desire to have a bit of a spring tan has taken over! This builds a light natural looking tan over a couple of days and since I’m not a huge fan of layers of St Tropez this early in the year, it will give me the perfect sun-kissed look for NASTAs (National Student Television Awards) in a couple of days.

Gucci Premiere Perfume
Last but not least my Gucci perfume. This was a Christmas present but for the last couple of weeks I’ve been reaching for this over my other perfumes and I’m loving it. It’s quite a heavy perfume so I wouldn’t recommend going overboard with it for the daytime, but it’s such a great scent for the evening.  Even boys have said ‘oh you smell nice’, which I think is nice as normally (well in my experience) they don’t really notice. Plus the packaging is gorgeous!

I love to know what products other people have been loving and trying, so if there is a product you think everyone needs to know about let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment